Endowedsblog

6 October 2017

Manchester United boss has a street named after him in Portugal

(Endowed Blogs.)Jose Mourinho 
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has been honoured in his hometown of Setubal in Portugal where a street has been named after him.
Mourinho is one the most famous sons of Setubal and a street formerly known as Rua da Saude has been renamed Avenida Jose Mourinho.
Naming a street after the 54-year-old is in recognition of his achievements in football.

Jose Mourinho play Mourinho says hs is humble by the honour from his home town (EPA)

As a manager, Mourinho has won titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain. His two Champions League titles with Porto and Inter Milan has already etched his name in the history books as one of the best managers in world football.
In a ceremony that held on Tuesday, October 3 and which Mourinho attended with his mum, he spoke of how humble he was of the honour.
 “Setubal is still the only city where I feel like myself, Ze, Ze Mario.Where people treat me normally and make me feel good,” Mourinho is quoted to say by Daily Mail.
Jose Mourinho and his mum Maria Julia Santos play Jose Mourinho attended the event with his mum (centre) (EPA)

“I'm pure Setubal, with all the qualities and defects.. this honour moves me.
“I come to Setubal because I love Setubal because my friends call me Ze (Mourinho's Portuguese nickname is Ze Mario) and they leave this "Special One" bulls***.”
The decision to name a street after him in the town was made in 2013 and it was initially intended to mark his 50th birthday.
Mourinho is not sure yet if he will come back to live there when he retires from football but insists that Setubal will always remain home to him and his family.

No comments: