Endowedsblog

9 August 2017

Ben Bruce condemns attack on Silverbird TV staff

(Endowed Blogs.)Senator Ben Bruce
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has condemned the Nigerian police for attacking protesters in Abuja.
The Senator also criticised the security personnel for harassing his employee, Amadin Uyi.
Uyi, a journalist who works with Silver bird TV, was monitoring the protests, when he was reportedly brutalized.

The lawmaker also called on the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris to investigate the actions of his men.
He said “I condemn the police brutality on Silver-bird TV’s Amadin Uyi. I don’t have staff. I have family and an attack on them is an attack on me.
“Amadin Uyi was doing his duties as provided by the law. Why should my family member be thus treated! This is an attack on press freedom.
“I call on the Inspector General of Police to launch an investigation into the attack on Amadin Uyi.
“We will be waiting and watching!”
Meanwhile, the protesters have vowed to continue their march, saying that no amount of intimidation would deter them.

No comments: